The Guestbook is a PHP driven guestbook system that stores all the entries in a simple text file. It is very simple to install and use, and the header and footer files included with the script allow you to customize the script to blend in with the rest of your website. The guestbook contains features such as entry flooding protection, administrative entry notification, bad word filter, emoticons, and much much more. Current Language support includes English, German, Swedish, Greek, Dutch, Philippino and more
- Flat file data storage for ease of setup
- Header and Footer files allow you to customize it to fit your web site
- Image verification to prevent spam from automated bots from posting
- IP blocking for protection from spammers
- Administrative area for deleting entries and monitoring the IP of spammers
- Support of an unlimited number of languages using Language file generator
- Smiley face support for guestbook entries posted
- Styling support for bold, underline, italic font and centered text
- Search feature to search through guestbook entries
- Sorting capability for sorting entries by oldest or newest entry
- Ability to make the email, name or message fields optional
- Admin email notification for messages posted (optional)
- Flood protection to prevent users from posting spam posts over and over
- Referring URL Check to make sure spam bots do not auto submit messages
- Bad word filter which can be customized to filter out any bad word
- More features to come!
- – Added support for “Stop Forum Spam” database check to add additional security for stopping spammers.
- – Added an RSS Feed link to the footer of the guestbook to allow guestbook users to subscribe to an RSS Feed for the latest guestbook entries.
- Edit the file:
config.phplocated in the folder /includes/
- Upload the script via FTP
See live demo here: shoutboxv2.hi2.ro